Join the team at Fairwinds – Nantucket’s Counseling Center. The Family-Partner position works a flex schedule Monday-to-Sunday 8am to 8pm with on-call response during nights and weekends. Hourly and on-call rates are available. Must be living on Nantucket and able to respond within the community.
Responsibilities May Include:
The Family-Partner will offer structured, one-to-one, strength-based support services between a para clinician and the parent(s) of a child in crisis for the purpose of the engagement of parent(s)/caregiver(s): understanding the essence of the crisis for parent(s)/caregiver(s) and offering support in ways that bring relief and help the parent to be fully engaged in the intervention, and capable of articulating and advocating for the preferences and needs of the child and family.
This position will also act as a 2nd crisis responder for all adult mobile crisis calls in the community or after-hours at the agency and when applicable, will perform bed searches and obtain prior authorizations for inpatient psychiatric placements.
• Where applicable, complete all required documentation within 24 hours of client appointment.
• Develops and maintains client case records, notes, plans, and reports.
• Ability to make sound decisions in emergency situations and safety planning.
• Develops and maintains client case records, progress notes, and reports in Advanced MD.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within the agency, community, and referral sources.
• Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively with professionals and with clients/families.
• Attends weekly individual and group supervision and other necessary staff meetings.
• There may be other responsibilities as mutually determined such as bed searches for inpatient placements and obtaining insurance authorizations.
Key Competencies Required:
• Exceptional clinical skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written).
• Highly organized and motivated.
• Strong presentation skills
• Clear thinker and effective communicator
• Interprofessional Collaboration skills
• Time management skills
• Computer literacy
• Strong research skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to engage with and relate positively to a diverse clientele.
• Dependable and punctual
• High School Diploma/ GED or Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience of having a loved one with mental health and substance misuse issues whom they supported and advocated for
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written)
• Team player
• Highly organized and motivated
• 2 years or more experience in working with children, adults, and families
• Spanish and/or Portuguese fluency is a bonus
This position will report to the Clinical Director.
Our client base is drawn from a wide range of cultures, languages, and ethnicities and we encourage applicants who reflect the diversity of our community.
For more information, please forward contact information, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org