Great Harbor Yacht Club Launch Driver Job Description Job Title: Launch Driver
Reports To: Dockmaster
Position Dates: May 19, 2021 to September 12, 2021 (possibility of more work before and after if available)
Summary: Provide transportation service for GHYC Members and guests onboard the designated launch boats. Service must be performed in a safe, courteous, efficient and professional manner at all times with an emphasis on customer service and excellent seamanship. The candidate should be motivated, organized and take initiative. Friendliness and eagerness to help are a must, along with excellent communication skills.
Subsidized housing and staff meals provided for a weekly charge. Competitive pay based on experience.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong and inherent boat handling skills and seamanship at all times
- Perform colors with the American flag and club burgee daily.
- Maintain the launch vessels on a daily basis by checking the oil, battery level, fuel level, etc. Vesselsshould be washed daily and log should be documented.
- Maintain the area around the Launch Dock daily. This includes sweeping, emptying trash containers,picking up loose trash, securing the chairs and umbrella and closing the dock gate ropes in the evening.
Cleanliness and a neat presentation are essential.
- Commit to memory the GHYC Member names, their boat name and the location in the mooring field.Greet Members by name at every possibility.
- Operate the VHF radios in accordance with the rules and procedures set forth by the FederalCommunication Commission.
- Routinely check all Members’ boats and Club-owned boats and mooring lines for any damage orpotential damage and contact the boat owners when an adjustment is made. Check boats at the dock
and on moorings.
- Assist in launching and stowing of Club-owned kayaks, paddleboards and sailboats. Assist in capsizerecovery of Club-owned boats in the harbor if necessary.
- Perform other appropriate tasks assigned by the Dockmaster, including routine maintenance to thedocks, ladders, dock boxes, signage, etc.
- Report in writing any misconduct or unsafe boating practices or injuries in the harbor area or clubgrounds.
- Adhering to the same standards of service and behavior that peers are required to uphold and practice interdepartmental cooperation
- Practicing seamanlike behavior, which includes a positive and friendly demeanor.
- Practice excellent customer service skills and be flexible in customizing the launch service toaccommodate Member needs
- Maintaining a professional well-groomed appearance at all times, including wearing proper uniform andshoes while on duty.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum USCG Limited Master License (Launch Driver License)
- Advanced seamanship and boat handling
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- 1 Year Experience in the Customer Service Industry