Fairwinds seeks graduate level therapists with a Master’s degree (LCSW/ LICSW or LMHC) or above, who are fully licensed (or in process) in Massachusetts to join our team.
An exciting opportunity to join Fairwinds, Nantucket’s Counseling Center, as a therapist to provide outpatient and in-home mental health therapy. Make a difference providing people the help they need, serving clients of multiple cultures, languages, and ethnicities. Small, innovative, and collaborative team doing rewarding work.
A warm and supportive environment on a historic and beautiful island, 30 miles at sea. Miles of bike paths, beaches, and hiking trails. A small, culturally diverse town with a strong sense of community and a year-round population over 15,000.
Full time and Part-time available. Hybrid working environment possible.
• Complete intake including bio-psychosocial assessment, risk assessments, and safety planning.
• Develop and implement treatment plan utilizing appropriate therapeutic modalities.
• Facilitate family meetings if indicated.
• Work collaboratively with the care team within the agency and with others outside the agency.
• Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings to discuss the treatment plans.
• Knowledge of evidence-based treatment and trauma informed care with dually diagnosed clients.
• Experience with clients with substance use disorders is desirable.
• Ability to document clearly and in a timely manner.
• Experience in mandated reporting and safety planning.
• Experience with DSM-5 diagnostic criteria.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary treatment team.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license.
• Completion of clear background check – CORI/SORI.
• Up to date vaccinations.
• Spanish/ Portuguese or other language fluency is desirable.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
• 401(k) matching
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Health savings account
• Paid time off
• Paid professional development
• Paid clinical supervision
• Assistance with island housing
• Signing bonus
Our client base is drawn from a wide range of cultures, languages, and ethnicities, and we encourage applicants who reflect the diversity of the community.
This position will report to the Clinical Director and will be supervised by the Clinical Director and Medical Director.
For more information, please forward contact information, cover letter and resume to email@example.com