An exciting new opportunity to join Fairwinds, Nantucket’s Counseling Center, as a Mental Health Crisis Responder, to help establish and grow a newly created Community Behavioral Health Center [CBHC]. Make a difference providing people the help they need, serving clients of multiple cultures, languages and ethnicities. A small, innovative and collaborative team doing rewarding work.
A warm and supportive environment on a historic and beautiful island, 30 miles at sea. Miles of bike paths, beaches and hiking trails. A small, culturally diverse town with a strong sense of community and a year-round population over 15,000.
Fairwinds seeks graduate level therapists with a Master’s degree (LCSW/ LICSW or LMHC) or above, who are fully licensed (or in process) in Massachusetts to join our team. This position will provide on-call crisis response. Clinicians will respond in the community, at the hospital, at schools, and at the agency. They will be part of an on-call response team which also follows up with these clients on an outpatient basis. Job requires clinician to be on Nantucket while on duty.
Full time and Part-time available. Flexible on-call day and night shifts.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
• 401(k) matching
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Health savings account
• Paid time off
• Paid professional development
• Paid clinical supervision
• Assistance with island housing
• Signing bonus
• Provides on-call coverage to address the needs of behavioral health clients in crisis.
• Assesses clients and makes provisional diagnoses based on DSM 5 criteria.
• Develops a safety plan and refers to therapy/medication management.
• If necessary, secures inpatient placement, detoxification unit, or intensive outpatient program.
• Facilitates family meetings.
• Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings to discuss the care plans and provide a warm hand-off to next level of care.
• Provides follow up care.
• Assists with obtaining insurance authorizations and updating facility availability.
• Collaborates with police, schools, hospital, and team at Fairwinds.
• Experience in psychiatric emergencies.
• Experience in mandated reporting and safety planning.
• Experience with DSM-5 diagnostic criteria.
• Knowledge of evidence based and trauma informed care.
• Ability to document clearly and in a timely manner.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary treatment team.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license.
• Completion of clear background check- CORI/SORI.
• Up to date vaccinations.
• Spanish/ Portuguese or other language fluency is a bonus.
Our client base is drawn from a wide range of cultures, languages, and ethnicities, and we encourage applicants who reflect the diversity of the community.
This position will report to the Clinical Director and be supervised by the Clinical Director and Medical Director.
For more information, please forward contact information, cover letter and resume to email@example.com