An exciting new opportunity to join Fairwinds, Nantucket’s Counseling Center, as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse [APRN] to establish and grow a newly created Community Behavior Health Center [CBHC]. Make a difference providing people the help they need, serving clients of multiple cultures, languages and ethnicities. A small, innovative and collaborative team doing rewarding work.
A warm and supportive environment on a historic and beautiful island, 30 miles at sea. Miles of bike paths, beaches and hiking trails. A small, culturally diverse town with a strong sense of community and a year-round population over 15,000.
The Psychiatric Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) position will be part of the Crisis Response Team at Fairwinds. This newly created position will encompass crisis response, evaluation, and medication initiation/management if indicated. The APRN position will include crisis on-call and a caseload of outpatient clients. The position requires a candidate to be a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner or a Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist with prescriptive authority. Board Certification and Massachusetts License required.
Competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience. Flexible hours. Full time and part time positions available. Hybrid work setting possible.
Assistance with on-island housing available.
• Evaluates patients who are in crisis and determines the appropriate level of care.
• Makes diagnosis based on DSM 5 criteria and provides appropriate psychopharmacological and psychosocial interventions.
• Assists with new evaluations and provides medication management for clients.
• Assists with medication refills/medication side effects.
• Demonstrates high-level clinical judgment. Uses sound decision-making skills, while addressing emergency situations, and administers PRN medications until a full evaluation can be completed.
• Provides evidence-based psychotherapy as needed.
• Reviews the Massachusetts PAT site and updates appropriate staff.
• Collaborates with Nantucket Cottage Hospital PCPs and Emergency Department Staff.
• Attends monthly meetings with Medical Director and the clinical team.
• Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning meetings and engages in peer supervision.
• Develops and maintains client case records, progress notes and treatment plans.
• Documents in Advanced MD and EPIC in a timely manner.
• There may be other responsibilities as mutually determined.
• Ability to make sound decisions in emergency situations.
• Excellent communication skills with professionals, and with multicultural clients and their families.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Inter-professional collaboration skills.
• Time management skills.
• Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Board Certified (PMHNP-BC) or Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist, Board Certified (PMHCNS- BC).
• Must be Licensed in Massachusetts or licensure in process.
• NPI number and DEA license.
• Proficiency in clinical diagnosis, safety planning, and treatment plans.
• A minimum of 2-3 years of clinical experience.
• Spanish/Portuguese fluency is a bonus.
This position will report to the Clinical Director and be supervised by the Clinical Director and Medical Director.
Our client base is drawn from a wide range of cultures, languages, and ethnicities and we encourage applicants who reflect the diversity of our community.
For more information, please forward contact information, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org